*HAR KI DUN TREK*
*Dates*- 30th April – 8th May
*About Har Ki Dun Trek*
Har Ki Dun, also known as the valley of gods, is one of the most alluring valleys of Western Himalayas. Har Ki Dun is undoubtedly the paradise for beginners in trekking who want to quench their thrust of adventurous outdoor activity and hence serves a perfect destination for beginners in trekking. People looking for long weekend getaways can easily plan a trekking trip to Har ki dun.
Har Ki Dun is a cradle shaped valley situated deep inside Govind Pashu National park. Trekking in Har Ki dun serves as a utopia for adventure junkies and nature lovers. The pine forest of Govind Peshu national park, Meadows of Debshu Bugyal embraces the beauty of trails in Har ki Dun valley. While trekking in Har Ki Dun, the alpine lake of Ruinsara displays an unescapable picturesque view of this beautiful valley. The breeze winds filled with chirping songs of birds make the trials exciting.
Har Ki Dun valley also offers beautiful meadows outlined by different shades of native alpine vegetation making it a perfect campsite destination. Maintaining its natural attire, wildlife species are easily spotted while trekking in Har Ki dun valley. Trekking in Har Ki dun is not confined to wildlife instead it showcases the picturesque view of Swargarohini peak 1 and 2, Bandarpoonch and Kala nag/ Black peak.
*Day 0*- Delhi to Dehradun (6 hours journery)
*Day 1*- Dehradun to Sankri (200 km | 8 hours drive | Altitude 6,400 feet)
• The trip starts from Dehradun, the drive is about 200 Km to reach Sankri.
• Sankri is a beautiful place, you can take an evening stroll in this beautiful hamlet and enjoy the beautiful sunset.
• Overnight stay at the guest house.
*Day 02*- Sankri to chilurgad via Taluka (12km drive and 11km trek | Altitude 6,500 feet)
• We begin the day with a short, picturesque and courageous drive to Taluka
• The climb today will be through wonderful blended woods areas and along the Supin waterway.
• On the trail, you will meet local people from the adjacent towns and get the opportunity to see the uncommon development style of the nearby homes.
• Overnight stay at the camps at Chilurgad.
*Day 03*- Chilurgad to Kalkatiyadhar (9 km | 6 hours | Altitude 9200 feet)
• Begin your trek from Chilurgad to Kalkatiyadhar.
• Trek will be through trails containing multiple water streams
• Overnight stay at campsite at Kalkatiyadhar
*Day 04*- Kalkatiyadhar - Har Ki Dun - Kalkatiyadhar (12 km | 8 hours | Altitude 11,700 feet)
• Start your trek from Kalkatiyadhar to Har ki Dun
• Reach Har ki Dun and Inhale the beauty of the valley, Swaragrohini-1 Peak is visible from Har ki Dun
• Trek back to the campsite at Kalkatiyadhar.
• Overnight stay at the campsite at Kalkatiyadhar.
*Day 05*- Kalkatiyadhar to Chilurgad (9 kms | 4 hours | Altitude 6,500 feet)
• After having breakfast in the morning check out from the campsite and start your journey back to Chilurgad.
• Overnight stay at the campsite at Chilurgad.
*Day 06*- Chilurgad to Sankri.
• Trek back to Taluka.
• A vehicle from Taluka takes us back to Sankri.
• Overnight stay in a guest house at Sankri.
*Day 07*- Sankri - Dehradun by 6 pm (200kms l 8 hours drive l 1470ft)
• We leave Sankri and reach Dehradun by late afternoon on this day.
*Day 8*- Early Morning we will leave for Delhi. In afternoon we will reach Delhi.
*Cost*- 14,000/- (Delhi to Delhi)
- Meals will be all veg from Day 1 dinner to Day 7 breakfast. Hot and delicious food will be served at Breakfast and Dinner. During trek packed food will be provided.
- Forest Permits/Camping Charges, if any (Up to the amount charged for Indian nationals)
- Tented accommodation throughout the trek and guest houses at Sankari
- Rent for camping equipment.
- Porters or mules for carrying common luggage.
- Meals during road journeys.
- Accommodation in Dehradun.
- Any expense not specified in the inclusion list.